The OWHA announced that it would be following the provincial requirements concerning COVID-19 Vaccines. Minor Hockey Associations are required to comply with any stricter requirements imposed by public health units, municipalities, arenas, or other facilities.
All participants taking part in CFHA programming at any Town of Caledon facilities must follow the protocols of those facilities.
Town of Caledon Vaccination Policy:
Proof of vaccination and identification is required to enter all Town of Caledon community centres starting September 22 as announced by the province.
When entering any Town community centre (not including Town Hall, Libraries or Fire Stations) please follow these steps:
- Show proof of being fully vaccinated and government-issued identification (driver’s license or health card)
- Answer COVID-19 screening questions when asked by staff at the door, or fill out the online screening form
Once fully vaccinated, proof of vaccination will be emailed to you by Ontario Ministry of Health. Or you can download your vaccination certificate. Please show a digital or printed copy where required which must include name, date of vaccination and product name (brand of vaccine) at the time of vaccination. Certificates can be printed at any Caledon Public Library branch. Please contact a library near you.
If you are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to medical reasons, a doctor’s note is required in place of proof of vaccination to enter any Town facilities. The doctor’s note should specify the exemption and duration of the exemption.
Showing proof of vaccination when entering Town community centres, applies to:
- Individuals aged 12 and over, unless otherwise exempt.
- Individuals must also validate that the vaccine receipt by providing identification issued by an institution or public body that includes name and date of birth.
- Individuals who do not provide proof of identification and proof of being fully vaccinated will not be permitted entry to the specified settings..
Exemptions include, but are not limited to:
- Children 11 years of age and under
- Youth17 years of age and under participating in indoor organized sport, including training, practices, games and competitions.
- Patrons with a medical exemption from vaccination.
- Other limited exemptions apply in meeting and event spaces (e.g., day camp, childcare, social services, court services, government services).
- Coaches, assistant coaches and officials.
As a user group it is our duty to respect the mandates and policies put forth by our governing bodies as well as our Town employees, we ask that our members respect these policies as well as the employees of these facilities.
It should be noted that any violations of this policy or confrontational incidents at the Town of Caledon facilities will not be tolerated. Consequences for breach of these polices may result in the withdrawal of all permits issued to the CFHA and could result in a cancellation of our hockey season. We ask for your understanding and support as we navigate these issues. Our priority is to keep the girls playing hockey so that they can continue to benefit from all of the positive influences sport can provide.
These policies will continue to evolve and change, members are encouraged to consult local public health guidelines. We will do our best to update our members on our webpage.
Thank you for your patience.
Yours in hockey,
The CFHA Executive